Get Paid to Play - We are hiring!
GET PAID TO PLAY!
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to create memorable experiences for children in our community? If you answered “yes” then apply now as we are currently accepting applications for COREKids After School Program Coordinator and Program Staff
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a COREKids Program Co-ordinator or Program staff, you will help children make happy memories by assisting with leading and supervising our COREKids After School Program.
This is a six-month contract position based on 5-20 hours per week (Monday – Friday 2:30 – 5:00 p.m.) There may be some evening family programming hours (5pm-8pm).
The COREKids Program Staff are responsible for working with neighbourhood youth to design activities that meet their needs and interests, foster fitness, health, and wellbeing, promote civic engagement, and that ensure successful participation of individuals of various abilities.
The COREKids Program staff will provide a safe, caring, supervised and resourced environment where youth can explore healthy interests and develop skills and competencies.
- Assist with planning and carrying out recreational, nutritional, artistic, athletic, and educational activities
- Leading fun activities such as theme days, sports, arts & crafts, etc., as outlined in your daily activity plan.
- Instruct groups and individuals in fitness, nutrition, arts, crafts, and sports activities
- Assist in coordinating special events
- Organize educational programming
- Plan and carry out field trips and/or off-site programming
- Engage youth from various ages, ethnicities, religions, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographic locations
- Developing a positive working relationship with colleagues and striving to create a program environment that promotes respect and inclusion
- Communicating with parents/guardians about the COREKids’ day; sharing reminders, successes and challenges
- Collaborating with the Program Coordinator to resolve parent/guardian concerns
- Maintaining daily attendance records and reports
- Providing support during extended care, if required
What skills and experience will you bring to the team?
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with children and/or children with exceptionalities is an asset
- This position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment
Hourly Rate: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour based on position and experience
All resumes to be directed to Wever CORE Executive Committee. Here is the link to apply:
Back to News